When you're expecting,
You need clarity.
Know your baby’s health risks with advanced genetic screening.
Expecting a baby can be a wonderful, emotional experience. But being uncertain about your baby’s genetic health and development can make it an unsettling experience. Fortunately, there are options available to provide you and your partner with the vital information needed at every step of the journey.
Whether you’re worried about your baby’s health because of your age, or this is your first time expecting, you can get the reassurance you need with just one simple test. The MedGenome Claria Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) accurately determines the chances of your baby being born with a chromosomal condition with guidance from leading genetic health experts.
Determine the genetic health of your baby most accurately through a safe, and non-invasive test. The Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) offered by Claria provides expecting parents with their baby’s most conclusive, genetic information, which can be available from as early as the 9th week of pregnancy.
Why Claria NIPT?
The Claria NIPT is India’s first prenatal screening solution that combines accurate, non-invasive screening with expert genetic counselling to provide you with everything you need to know about your baby’s development. There is no risk to you or you baby, and you can expect results in as little as 7-10 days, giving you ample time to make decisions for your family moving forward.
Our expert genetic counsellors will be available to guide you every step of the way, from helping you understand the test to reviewing and explaining the results to give you the clarity you need.
Who Is Claria NIPT For?
All pregnant women who need insight into their baby’s development can avail the test, regardless of their age or health. However, we especially recommend the test for:
- Women who have had an abnormal ultrasound
- Women who are older than 30
- Women who have used alcohol or drugs prior to or during pregnancy
- Couples who are related genetically, such as first cousins or close blood relatives
- Couples who have a family history of genetic disorders, chromosomal conditions, or birth defects
- Couples who already have a child with a genetic disorder
- Couples who suffer from genetic disorders themselves
- Couples who have a history of infertility or pregnancy loss (miscarriages or stillbirths)
- Couples concerned that their health or lifestyle pose a risk to the pregnancy
Who Is Claria NIPT For?
All pregnant women wanting insight into their babies’ development are candidates, regardless of their age or health. However, we especially recommend the test for:
- Women who had an abnormal ultrasound, are older than 30, or used alcohol or drugs prior to or during pregnancy.
- Couples who are related genetically, such as first cousins or close blood relatives, or have a family history of genetic disorders, chromosomal conditions, or birth defects.
- Couples who already have a child with a genetic disorder, suffer from existing chronic conditions themselves, or have a history of infertility or pregnancy loss (miscarriages or stillbirths).
- Couples concerned that their health or lifestyle pose a risk to the pregnancy.
What Claria NIPT Finds?
By taking a small sample of blood from the mother, the Claria NIPT can screen for evidence of a missing or extra chromosome that could cause mental or physical development delays.
The risk of having a baby with Down Syndrome
For a 26 yr old woman
1 in 1176
For a 30 yr old woman
1 in 175
The risk factor increases by almost
Prevalence of Genetic Disorders
High prevalence of chromosomal abnormalities in India - 1 in 200 live births
Over 130,000 births with chromosomal abnormalities in India every year
1 in 750 babies are born with Down Syndrome
What information does the Claria NIPT report provide?
- 99.9% accuracy in finding genetic abnormalities
- Unlike other tests, Claria NIPT also tests for Molar pregnancy, triploidy and vanishing twin
- It is the only test that differentiates between maternal and fetal DNA, which helps avoid false positives.
The Claria NIPT Test Process
“At the age of 28, Asha was a first-time mother with more questions than answers. She found much-needed guidance from the expert counseling provided by MedGenome CLARIA. As she later noted, ‘I’d recommend all moms-to-be to go for the MedGenome. I think it’s a privilege to get any information about the risks your baby could be facing.’”
“For Rahul, his own personal health issues made him hesitant to start a family of his own. After learning about MedGenome CLARIA, he and his wife were able to get vital information about their child early in the pregnancy and were happy with what they discovered: a baby with perfect genetic health.”